Last Day at Sea

Thursday was another beautiful day , with lots of sun and calm seas. 

If you look very closely you will see a bird flying around the ship.  It is about half way up over the water and just a little more to the right than half way.

There was a pair of them flying around picking up something from the water.  We wondered if maybe the large ship turned up small fish that he was catching.   We watched him for a while then went to breakfast and they were gone when we came back.  

Every night when we go to supper we put the sign out on the door to turn down the bed.  They turn down the bed and make a cute towel doll.  One day it is a dog, another an elephant and Thursday it was this little kid.   This is just another little touch that makes sailing fun.  

Remember I told you about the tub, well I decided this was the day to take a good long soak but when I got into the tub and tried to sit down I found I really couldn’t make it.  There were bars to hold onto but not low enough for me to sit and when I get down I never can get up again so I decided to shower instead and wash my hair with the hand held shower head.  That worked fine and when Norman helped me get out of the tub I decided to use this to dry my hair.

Looks like a regular hair drier doesn’t it?   Well, it isn’t!! It is really a wild beast and it attacked me.  It sucked up my hair into the back of the machine and near scalped me.  I screened for help and before Norman could get to me it shorted out and stopped.  I had to pull my hair out of the drier as best as I could and finally got free.  It pulled out big hunks of hair and at first I thought my hair had gotten into the grease in the blower. 

When I got the hair out of the drier and looked at it you can see that is not grease it is someone else’s hair as well as mine.  So the wild beast had attacked someone else before me.  I guess it was just because I didn’t know how to use a hair drier.  Next time I’ll know better.  My head hurt for most of the morning but by lunch I could no longer feel it and I forgot all about it.  At noon we went to the movies again and saw “Pete’s Dragon”.  That was  a very good movie.  I forgot we went one other day too but got there late and only  saw the second half of “Field of Dreams”  but that was fine as we both had seen that one before.  That evening we went to the Headliner’s Comedy Club to see another show by Miro.  He is so talented and such a great entertainer.  We ended the day with a few more chances at the slots and turned in.  Friday we spend the day at Great Stirrup Cay , NCL’s private island.  We used to go ashore and spend the day on the island but now I don’t like sitting in the sun and I would rather swim in the pool than in the ocean on a crowded beach so we stayed on board and enjoyed a quiet day.  I have been looking at cruises that don’t go to any ports, they just sail around the ocean but I do enjoy shopping at one port so guess I will stick to these cruises.  Have a great day.  I’ll show you what the others do at Great Stirrup Cay.

About Carol (Ouma) Petts

I am a retired teacher. I have taught all levels from kindergarten through college and have been retired now for over 20 years. The last ten years we have lived on a farm and lived off the land, growing our own food and canning for our extended family. Now we have sold the farm and are moving to Florida to truly retire. I guess I have always had a short attention span as this is our 11th move. We have moved from a small farm in New Hampshire, to more city type living, small business adventures, focusing more on traveling, Florida living, Georgia, and Tennessee farming and now back to Florida. My blog is a way to keep my children up to date on what I am doing and letting them know I am still alive and well. My children are spread across the country from New England to Florida, Nova Scotia to New Mexico and CA and several places between, They let me know what they are up to by commenting on my blog but they are so busy with their own lives most times I have to assume " no news is good news". Now I are starting on a new adventure so will try to give daily updates until we get settled into a routine. Then I know even if I am getting older and should settle down I will start looking for some new and exciting adventure to start. Welcome aboard. Norman died Oct 30, 2017 so I am continuing the journey alone with the aid of my children, grand children and great grand children. At present I am living with my daughter and we are 7 in one house and cover four generations. We range in age from 7 to 85 and are finding common ground, we are living proof that multi generations can live and function in a three bedroom house if they really want to. Soon my grandson will have his house built next door so we all will have a room of their own except for the seven year old twins who by choice will share a room.
This entry was posted in Cruises, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.